This Friday (November 24, 2017) Pejman will be in Ottawa giving a talk as part of the NSERC CLUE Seminar series. He will be summarizing the research he has done in developing new evaluation and analytics methodologies for usability and user experience research in games.
During his talk he will be going over topics such as mixing user research methods, visualization of playtesting data, user research for indie developers, and much more. All of this research helps to better understand player experiences.
These are the articles that are referenced in his talk:
- Mirza-Babaei, Pejman, et al. “Understanding the Contribution of Biometrics to Games User Research.” DiGRA Conference. 2011.
- Playing to Win? Measuring Social Interaction in Games (Gamasutra Featured post).
- Mirza-Babaei, Pejman, et al. “Biometric storyboards: visualising game user research data.” CHI’12 Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems. ACM, 2012.
- Mirza-Babaei, Pejman, et al. “How does it play better?: exploring user testing and biometric storyboards in games user research.” Proceedings of the SIGCHI conference on human factors in computing systems. ACM, 2013.
- Mirza-Babaei, Pejman, et al. “Unified visualization of quantitative and qualitative playtesting data.” Proceedings of the extended abstracts of the 32nd annual ACM conference on Human factors in computing systems. ACM, 2014.
- Mirza-Babaei, Pejman, Naeem Moosajee, and Brandon Drenikow. “Playtesting for indie studios.” Proceedings of the 20th International Academic Mindtrek Conference. ACM, 2016.
- Moosajee, Naeem, and Pejman Mirza-Babaei. “Games User Research (GUR) for Indie Studios.” Proceedings of the 2016 CHI Conference Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems. ACM, 2016.
- Falko Weigert Petersen, Line Ebdrup Thomsen, Pejman Mirza-Babaei, and Anders Drachen. 2017. Evaluating the Onboarding Phase of Free-toPlay Mobile Games: A Mixed-Method Approach. In Proceedings of the CHI PLAY ’17. ACM.
- Drenikow, Brandon, and Pejman Mirza-Babaei. “Vixen: interactive visualization of gameplay experiences.” Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on the Foundations of Digital Games. ACM, 2017.
- Samantha Stahlke, James Robb, and Pejman Mirza-Babaei. “The Fall of the Fourth Wall.” In IGI Global, Special Issue in eSport. (in press)
- Samantha Stahlke, and Pejman Mirza-Babaei. “Usertesting Without the User: Opportunities and challenges of an AI-driven approach in games user research.” In Journal of Service Oriented Computing and Applications. (in press)